Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Maniac's 12 Week Transformation

After 12 weeks of sweat, hard work, and strict dieting I, The Maniac, have completed my 12 week body transformation. I feel completely great afterwards and the pictures below don’t lie, I look great too. After not working out regularly for a solid 7 months it was a real struggle to get back into a routine. Let me tell you the whole thing wasn’t easy every few weeks I would hit a wall in progression and every time I would have to tighten up my diet and routine. So how did I do it?

THE DIET
So the first six weeks weren't so bad. Basically I started off eating how I normally was eating, since I eat pretty well already, and changed my diet slowly. The first thing I needed to do was eat more. I was eating 2 or 3 meal a day, which quickly turned into the necessary 5 to 6 meals a day. The next thing to do was portion control. I had to stop eating such large meals; I really have a bad habit in doing this. Once I got my portions under control, I needed to find out how many carbohydrates, protein, and fat I needed to consume throughout the day. I decided to consume about 40 grams of carbohydrates, 40 grams of protein, and about 9 grams of fat per meal. Which come out to be between 2000 to 2400 calories per day divided among 5 to 6 meals.

The last six weeks were the hardest. This is where I went into serious diet mode. I tweaked my diet by eating very healthy I went from cereal for breakfast to eggs and oatmeal. I started eating as much chicken breast I could as a source of lean protein. I ate lots of fruits, vegetables, berries, nuts, and seeds. I made sure I got plenty of protein at night in the form of either eggs or cottage cheese. The last three weeks my diet was tightened up as much as possible. I reduced my calories to about 1500 to 1800 calories a day. This might have been not enough calories so I would increase my caloric intake temporarily about every four days for about two days. I would also very the intake of my macronutrients throughout the day. I would have more carbohydrates for breakfast, eat normally throughout the day, and then my last two meals would have little to no carbohydrates and almost all of my daily fat needs. Protein intake would be moderate at breakfast, sometimes be a little low in the afternoon, then high on my last two meals of the day.

THE WORKOUT
The workout that I completed I did not design myself, but I sure was able to customize it for myself. The workout I used was from the very popular series of books The Body Sculpting Bible For Men, authored by James Villepigue and Hugo Rivera. I changed my workout every two weeks and used exercises I specifically wanted to use for myself according to my needs and goals. For example I used almost all dumbbells for my chest and did lots and lots of squats. I trained abs and calves separately on their own, because my calves are lagging and I wanted my abs to pop. My cardio workouts started off slow with 2 to 3 sessions per week for the first 6 weeks then 3 to 4 times per week for weeks 7-8 and at least 5 sessions per week for weeks 9-12.

THE RESULTS
I started off weighing 161 lbs. and had 11% body fat. After 12 weeks I was able to lose 3 lbs. putting me at 158lbs and bringing my body fat percentage to 5%. This indicates that I was able to lose about 9.5 lbs. of fat and gain 6.5 lbs. of muscle! This my friends is truly impressive considering I took NO STEROIDS, NO SUPPLEMENTS, and NO PROTEIN POWDERS! That’s right folks during the entire 12 weeks I didn’t even ingest one multivitamin. I did it all with plain old food, water, and knowledge. The whole experience has made me a big believer in keeping an appropriate and proper diet, just look at the results below.













PhotobucketPhotobucket
Before
After















PhotobucketPhotobucket
Before
After
















PhotobucketPhotobucket
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment